Hello fellow Air Racers,
Based on the incredible success of the Soutpansberg Air Show and Speed Rally this year, we are thrilled to announce the location of the 2024 Presidents Trophy to be hosted by the Soutpansberg Vliegklub and organised by the South African Power Flying Association.
Date: Friday and Saturday 24 & 25 May 2024
Where: Louis Trichardt Civil Airfield (FALO), Soutpansberg
Entries are now open https://sapfa.co.za/competition-entry-form-ptar/
The fees are as follows:
- Early bird entry fees of R 5 000 per aircraft will be open until 31 January 2024
- Standard entry fees from 01 February 2024 to 01 May 2024 are R 5 500
- Membership fees SAPFA membership is compulsory. Please renew your 2024 Aeroclub and SAPFA membership https://aeroclub.blueboxonline.com
- FAI licence Please note that an FAI licence is compulsory to take part. This can be renewed when renewing your SAPFA membership
- Additional banquet tickets will be available for purchase
Please note that entries for 2024 will be limited. Enter soon to avoid missing out!
By popular demand, we are pleased to announce that the event format for the 2024 Presidents Trophy will remain the same as 2023.
Updated information will be primarily via our Whatsapp group. Please contact your race master David le Roux on 073 338 5200 to be added to the group.
Home Page for PTAR – https://sapfa.co.za/home/ptar/ (watch this space for regular updates)
Need a pilot/ navigator to complete your team? Sign up here and we can try match you with someone Pilot / Navigator Match
Our events cannot be successful without the help of our sponsors. If you would like to become a sponsorship partner, please get in touch.
Further details of the planning and run up to PTAR 2024 will be communicated in due course. Your comments are most welcome to email@example.com
Till next time, fly safe
Iaan Myburgh (Race Director) & David le Roux (Race Master)